"To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation- come by grace, and grace comes by art, and art does not come easy."
~ Norman Maclean from the book "A River Runs Through It"

Friday, July 29, 2011

Fly Tying

   Today I purchased my first fly tying ensemble and THIS IS AWESOME. I tied my first fly within 5 minutes, granted it was not the best, but i have been doing it all day and I have gotten so much better at it. What an awesome hobby. Its almost as exciting as actually fishing. Anyone who has not attempted to tie their own flies, I strongly encourage you to get into it.
   As for the update on the move: I have several things I need to get done prior. 1) I need to sell my truck and buy a used jeep or 4runner or some smaller SUV so I can have some extra cash. 2) I need to find what school I should take part time classes at. 3) I need to register for my guide school class so I can get certified for guiding on the river.
  I am so close to getting the cash I need for the class and I could not be more excited to head up to mountain country. As for right now though, I need to get my last class done and get those other things done. At least I learned how to tie flies now.

No comments:

Post a Comment